Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #1311
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Cata for the trailer

    OMGWTFLOLBBQ, ha ha, that sucked. I must say sega segaed it well. If I ignore the fact that I know where's it coming from, I would say it looks like an ok online game ? although that's just concept art because it's cheap CG (something they never did for the Dreamcast). But considering what saga are they ruining and in what way, I must say it gets the sega seal of suckage.

    We could make bets on how many months will sega live before folding, disintegrating, or getting sold for 1/5 what Sammy paid for it. 20 is an optimistic approach.

    WRT Sonic: Sonic 3 & Knuckles rocked, my favorite 2D action game ever. Sonic Adventure 1 rocked as well, and even though it didn't have 100% of the magic S3&K had, it was still awesome and had the style, and is probably my favorite 3D platformer even today. How it whipped Nintendo's and the hundred 2.5D games for PlayStation's asses. That was great. That was ALL that was great. Sonic Adventure 2 sucked ass. It had an awesome engine, it ticked the PS2 graphics away (and still does), and made the first GameCube and Xbox games blush, but some moron directed it, and not only the magic was not there, but gameplay sux0red big levels, it failed stupidly on sound, music, menus, and characters, something unthinkable for the Sonic Team, and not surprisingly, it was not directed by Yuji Naka, who was busy managing the business, as if it was his job. Then they made Sonic Heroes which was much better (although this is not saying much), and besides that it was good, although the magic still wasn't there. The style of good Sonic games of old is gone, gone like anything good sega had.

    IMO Sonic Adventure >>>>> Sonic Adventure 2 <<< Sonic Heroes.

    And BTW, Sonic Adventure 2 is neither "Sonic" nor "Adventure" (and therefore not "2" either). They should have named it Sonic Fucko.

  2. #1312
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So true, Wiseman.

    I think what broke it was the non-action levels, that were like, look for the gems or whatever.

    Maybe if all the levels were action, it may have been better.

  3. #1313
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, that. They broke that too. In Sonic Adventure 1 they were fairly enjoyable, but in SAdv2 they stupidly made it so you have to find them in order, WTF, kudos for stupid design.

  4. #1314
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's true.

    I rented it for the Cube when it first came out and got bored with it because of all the BS.

  5. #1315
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SA2 wasn't that bad. It was really just a case of getting used to it. That said, you can be good at something, but it can still suck.

  6. #1316
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    True, OCB.

    I liked some of the Sonic/Shadow stages, but the rest was lame.

  7. #1317
    Inactive Member PhoenixKingSizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The only real thing I liked about the Sonic Adventure games were the raising chao part. Raising them in the first one seemed harder than the second @_@ But they weren't bad games.

    I'm playing Resident Evil Outbreak, while impatiently waiting for Silent Hill 4 to come out >_<

  8. #1318
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't complain much on difficulty (I was very good at 2D Sonics, acceptably good at SAdv, now I must be out of shape); it's not a matter of how much I die, it's a matter of how I die; I like dying like:

    - Hard boss that kills me
    - Stupid error I make so I deserve to die
    - Etc

    I do NOT like dying like:

    - Can't see where the fuck should I land
    - Made the mistake of think it was 3D and used the camera; as soon as I moved the camera screwed me
    - The camera screwed me even without touching it
    - 99.9% void, 0.1% platform falls

    Sonic Adventure 2 had the poorest camera work I ever saw in a platform game, and it was actually 2.5D, as you couldn't really go in any other general direction than the camera pointed to, and the second you try it, you're dead. Besides this, it had the poorest stage work I ever saw in a Sonic game, as most stages seem to be "void with stuff", i.e. they just threw a few objects in and that's it, and since there are no walls either (also because the pathetic camera system wouldn't be able to cope with them too much), anything you do may get you falling to the center of the universe.

  9. #1319
    Inactive Member PhoenixKingSizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by -Wiseman-:
    I do NOT like dying like:

    - Can't see where the fuck should I land
    - Made the mistake of think it was 3D and used the camera; as soon as I moved the camera screwed me
    - The camera screwed me even without touching it
    - 99.9% void, 0.1% platform falls
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,sans-serif">Bad memories of Shadow stage...coming...back...
    I had forgotten about the horrible camera angles in that game. I haven't played it in a while, but wasn't it whenever you moved the camera, it'd always return to its same crappy position?

  10. #1320
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder why do they bother to let you move the camera, if the second you move it goes back to its fixed, 2.5D agenda (usually hiding whatever you need to see and wherever you want to go)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •